This website requires the use of cookies to operate. These cookies do not contain any personal information and are not shared to any 3rd parties. Please read our Privacy Notice.

 Back Home

Frequently Asked Questions


Q. Do you need to be a registered charity to apply for funding?

A. You do need to be a registered charity to apply for a large grant. You do not need to be registered to apply for a small grant but you will need to supply a reference from another charity, Council for Voluntary Service or the local authority youth service.

Q. Do you fund running costs?

A. We regret we do not provide funding for running costs or any type of revenue funding.

Q. How much can we apply for under the Large Grants programme?

A. The average size of grants made under this programmes is about £3,000. Grants are rarely made over £5,000.

Q. What type of furniture and equipment do you fund?

A. Some examples are tables and chairs, kitchen equipment, specialist adaptive equipment and recreational equipment. We regret we cannot consider funding towards office items.


Q. Who may apply?

A. Only Social Workers, Occupational Therapists or Community Psychiatric Nurses working for the local or health authority. We do not accept applications received from any other agency including GPs, SSAFA and CABs or direct from individuals.

Q. How do I obtain an application from?

A. Social Workers, OT’s and CPNs may request an application form by telephone or in writing.

Q. Do you fund electric wheelchairs?

A. Regrettably we cannot provide part funding towards larger items such as electric wheelchairs or riser/recliner chairs.